Below are select samples of my writing.
This is not a comprehensive portfolio of my writing.
To contact me about writing opportunities, please click here.
- August 29, 2016, Smiley Pete
- The Holler Poets Series has run every month for over eight years, and September 30th marked its final monthly show. This article interviews Eric Sutherland about the history and future of Holler.
- August 1, 2016, Kill Screen
- The Living Arts and Science Center showcased an interactive art exhibit featuring the work of many game developers. This article includes interviews and images from the show.
- April 22, 2016, Business Lexington
- An article about a nonprofit, RunJumpDev, that works with up-and-coming game developers
- April 13, 2016, MMOs.com
- A discussion about a paper from an academic journal about the use of language in determining player skill in Massively Multiplayer Online games
- February 3, 2016, Defiantly Uncool
- An autobiographical essay about the technology company id Software and their importance in electronic entertainment culture
- August 14, 2015, Maze Rats
- An essay, using video games for examples, of the difference between long- and short-term management skills
- May/June 2014, Flashpoint Magazine
- An autobiographical history of the Lexington poetry community, including Accents Publishing, the Affrilachian Poets, Holler poets, and others
The Epidemic of Popular Culture: Local Talent at the Lexington Comic and Toy Con
- March/April 2014, Flashpoint Magazine
- An essay that preceded an interview of comic book artists by Daryl Janisch
- January/February 2014, Flashpoint Magazine
- An article about a Lexington-based punk band, The Ford Theatre Reunion
- Also did the layout design for the print article
- August 5, 2013, Accents Publishing Blog
- Detailed interview done for Accents Publishing